She said NOOO !
I must say, its just the start of the year and I have heard 2 NO’s already. How did I handle it ?
How do you say and handle NO in your business ?
Here are 3 step Action when you have to say NO
- Don’t keep it hanging.A No said on time is better delivered than the promise to let them know.
- If possible give reasons for the NO. Some insights on why are you saying NO can help the other person relate with it.
- Opportunity to connect again if things align for both of you.
Here are 3 step Action when you receive a NO
- Accept it. Once you accept it, you can look at it impersonally.
- Understand if there is an opportunity to incorporate the feedback or learning from the NO
- Acknowledge the feedback and opportunity to connect later or offer the opportunity to connect later.
Over and above remember Colonel Sanders of KFC fame was turned down one-thousand and nine (1009) times before his chicken was accepted once!
Would love to hear your stories about how you handled a NO !